How to get there
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
Barcelona airport, with two terminals (T1 and T2), is located 16 kilometres south of the city and is also known as Barcelona-El Prat. Barcelona can also be reached by transport links from other regional airports, including Girona, Reus and Lleida -Alguaire.
FROM AIRPORT TO TOWN
The Aerobus departs from both Terminals (T1 and T2) and ends at downtown Plaça Catalunya:
- At Terminal 1, stops are located outside the T1 Arrivals area (P0) and the Departures area (P3). Take Bus Route A1.
- At Terminal 2, the stop is located in front of the Joan Miró mural.
- Bus frequency: every 5 to 15 minutes from 06:00 to 01:00.
- Approximate journey time: 25 minutes to Plaça Catalunya.
- Cost: 5,90 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver.
- The RENFE train connects the airport with the city center, stopping at Barcelona Sants Railway Station.
- Approximate journey time: 19 minutes.
- The airport station is located opposite to T2, and is connected to this Terminal via an air bridge. There is a free shuttle bus service between the station and T1. Train frequency: every 25 minutes.
- Taxis are easy to find in both Terminals, simply follow the related signs.
- Please call +34 934 208 088 if you require a taxi for people with reduced mobility.
- Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to calculate estimated time, distance and fares for taxis in the metropolitan Barcelona area. Click here for more information.
Barcelona has direct railway links with a number of important cities, including Paris, Zurich and Milan, and the high-speed train runs to Madrid, southern and eastern Spain. The city’s major railway stations and metropolitan rail network ensure you can travel to Barcelona and anywhere by train without any difficulties.
The bus station in Barcelona that has the most national and international connections is Barcelona Nord Bus Station. Buses also depart from Barcelona Sants station and other areas of the city.